Here we go again for another round of Jamie Easons Live Fit Trainer, starting January 2, 2012. I debated whether if I should start the trainer at the beginning or start from Phase 2. I decided to start from the beginning just so I can get my mojo going and start slowly.
What is great about the trainer is it sets you up for success. Everything is spelled out for you from A-Z there is no guessing on what exercises to do and what to eat. Each day is planned out for you so there is no guess work.
Check out the intro video about the program:Jamie Eason 12 week trainer
Below are my results the first time around.
Not bad, but there is more to be done, especially, after the holidays, UGH!
Tips from my first go around:
- Preparation is KEY! Find a day where you can give yourself a couple of hours to prepare meals for the week, you will thank me!
- If you have a couple of bad food days, at least make sure you go to the gym everyday.
- Take progress pics and measurements. If you don’t and you just weigh yourself you may get discouraged. You could be going up on the scale, but you could be losing inches. Muscle weights more then fat people!
- Eat all you meals!!! Do not skip meals, because you will start to crave all the bad things if you are not eating every 2-3 hours
- Do not obsess. I found myself obsessing over everything I ate and it made me unhappy. Just go with the flow and do not over think.
- There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you do as you are told on the program you will see the results. I PROMISE!
Since Dino and I don’t get to work out together during the week, I am trying to start a Saturday ritual where we go running through the trails together, then stop by an Einstein Bagel or a smoothie joint for breakfast. So far we’ve done it two Saturdays in a row, SCORE!
Bubba’s game face and bright yellow shirt, can you tell we’re from Miami
Game face #1
Game face #2 (The same as #1) Plato is ready too!
Plato’s pre-run pee
Plato leading the pack
Still got the game face on
Im not sure what this building is, but I know it is known for its beautiful gardens, and the flowers match my outfit!
No more game face
We had a quick smoothie since we were going to eat lunch in a couple of hours. The run was great and it was a great start to our day.
Do you have a Saturday morning ritual?
I am SUPER excited to attend my first Taste of Reston event. Can’t you tell by my huge smile!
They have so many activities ranging from carnival rides, to live music, a fitness expo and my personal favorite, food sampling!
There is going to be sampling from all these (see below) restaurants, and you know what that means, an ultra hard workout early Saturday morning! Below I bolded some of my must haves for the event. Hope I can make it to all of them.
- American Tap Room: Grilled Chilled Shrimp
- Big Bowl: Spicy Noodles
- Buffalo Wing Factory & Pub: Bites
- Cookology: Cookies
- Clyde’s of Reston: Strawberry Short Cake
- Finnegan’s Sports Bar & Grill: Guinness Stew
- Flippin Pizza: Pizza by the slice
- Hyatt Regency Reston: “Buffalo” Potatoes
- Il Fornaio: Eggplant Pasta
- Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern: Jambalaya
- M & S Grill: Chicken Skewers
- Mamma Lucia of Reston: Meatball Sliders
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Crabcake Sandwich
- Melting Pot: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Milwaukee Frozen Custard: Root Beer Float
- Mon Ami Gabi & Community Canteen
- Obi Sushi: California Roll
- Paolo’s Ristorante: Steak Salad
- Paradise Ice Cream: Funnel Cake
- Pitango Gelato: Gelato
- Pollo Peru: Chicken
- Sweetgreen – Reston: Yogurt
- The Counter – Reston: Taco Turkey Minis
- Trader Joe’s: Pulled Beef & Chicken Sliders
- UNO Chicago Grill: Watermelon Slices
- Vie de France: Fruit Tarts
- Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro: Paella
I am making sure to have ready my handy dandy map so I don’t miss any of the scrumptious food tents that will be haunting me in my dreams!!!!
Hope to take lots of great pics so I can share with everyone !
Have a happy weekend!
Recently, my husband and I relocated to Reston, Virginia for his job. At the moment we are staying in temporary housing in Reston Town Center, which is like another mini city in Reston. The great thing about the Reston Town center is all the fun things you can do in such a small area. This past Saturday we went to dinner at Clydes, while listening to a Jazz Funk infused concert, only inches away. We also stopped by Teavana and my husband an unexpected buy, he bought a glass tea kettle and glass tea infuser with three bags of tea, GRAND TOTAL $99, total impulse buy.
We decided to spend our Friday night in Georgetown. I LOVE Georgetown! It is fun, retro and full of history. We walked around in a daze from a lack of food, so all we could think of was finding a restaurant. We found a great italian restaurant called il Canale. They are known for their pizza so we made sure to order their specialty. We ordered a red and white pizza, but I preferred the red sauced pizza. It was a great meal and I can’t wait to venture off more into Georgetown and find more restaurants to fall in love with.