It has arrived! My new FitBook from Fitlosophy. I stumbled across this book when I was surfing the net. It had everything I would need to successfully track my fitness and nutrition goals. I posted some sample pages of what Fitlosophy expects you to track when using the book. One of the reasons I got it was for preparing my workouts for the week and setting small goals. It is the perfect size to take with you to the gym and put in your purse when you’re on the go. Lets see if I can reach my goals with the help of fitbook.
Here we go again for another round of Jamie Easons Live Fit Trainer, starting January 2, 2012. I debated whether if I should start the trainer at the beginning or start from Phase 2. I decided to start from the beginning just so I can get my mojo going and start slowly.
What is great about the trainer is it sets you up for success. Everything is spelled out for you from A-Z there is no guessing on what exercises to do and what to eat. Each day is planned out for you so there is no guess work.
Check out the intro video about the program:Jamie Eason 12 week trainer
Below are my results the first time around.
Not bad, but there is more to be done, especially, after the holidays, UGH!
Tips from my first go around:
- Preparation is KEY! Find a day where you can give yourself a couple of hours to prepare meals for the week, you will thank me!
- If you have a couple of bad food days, at least make sure you go to the gym everyday.
- Take progress pics and measurements. If you don’t and you just weigh yourself you may get discouraged. You could be going up on the scale, but you could be losing inches. Muscle weights more then fat people!
- Eat all you meals!!! Do not skip meals, because you will start to crave all the bad things if you are not eating every 2-3 hours
- Do not obsess. I found myself obsessing over everything I ate and it made me unhappy. Just go with the flow and do not over think.
- There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you do as you are told on the program you will see the results. I PROMISE!
Love her! Sofia Vergara is 39 with a body that kills! What I love about her is that she is fit, fabulous and hilarious on Modern Family. Her body does not follow Americas perception of how a women’s body should look, but her body does represent beauty and self confidence, that many American women lack. Go Sofia!!!!
We decided to do a drive by of the Taste of Reston instead of spending the whole day there, since we just had lunch and were EXHAUSTED from our Saturday run.
Drive by outfit: Multi-colored purple camouflage blouse with metallic belt and white shorts
Paella…Memories of Miami
Can’t beat chocolate covered strawberries
How are the French so skinny with all these yummy pastries
We were visiting Dino’s boss that night, so we decided to stop by Red Velvet Cupcakery and picked up some yummy cupcakes
Finale… From what I remember, the cupcake flavors we got were, lemon lime, devils foodcake, cookies and cream, red velvet, vanilla bean, carrot cake, almond bday and a strawberry shorcake
Dinner outfit: Turquoise blouse with a little accessory fun, nothing fancy
Bedazzled bracelet for a pop of color
Camel clutch handbag with gold belt
Ready for a Saturday night BBQ!!!
Since Dino and I don’t get to work out together during the week, I am trying to start a Saturday ritual where we go running through the trails together, then stop by an Einstein Bagel or a smoothie joint for breakfast. So far we’ve done it two Saturdays in a row, SCORE!
Bubba’s game face and bright yellow shirt, can you tell we’re from Miami
Game face #1
Game face #2 (The same as #1) Plato is ready too!
Plato’s pre-run pee
Plato leading the pack
Still got the game face on
Im not sure what this building is, but I know it is known for its beautiful gardens, and the flowers match my outfit!
No more game face
We had a quick smoothie since we were going to eat lunch in a couple of hours. The run was great and it was a great start to our day.
Do you have a Saturday morning ritual?